Most Catholics will be aware of the work of CAFOD, the official aid agency of the Church in England and Wales.
Twice a year, during Lent and at harvest time, CAFOD promotes a Friday Fast Day through which pennies (and pounds!) can be set aside by those practising self-denial for a Sunday collection in aid of some of the world’s poorest communities.
The proceeds of the Lent 2021 Fast Day (Friday February 26th) will be devoted to the struggle against water poverty – providing for access to safe and clean water in areas hit by shortages.
One third of the world’s population has no direct access to clean water.
Pictured here is a small victory celebrated in drought-hit Ethiopia, where miles upon miles have to be walked daily by those tasked with providing water for their families.
Many sponsored ‘water walks’ are taking place on Saturday February 20th to raise funds for CAFOD’s projects for water provision in several different countries; and the collection will be made in our churches on Sunday February 28th.
To put your love into action, donate online at: http://www.cafod.org.uk/lent
CAFOD provide prayer resources for a range of other causes on their website. We pray with them for:-
- a fruitful struggle against poverty
- justice for those in the greatest need
- the peace of Christ in hearts and homes around the world
Other Prayer Requests
These are published on the following pages. Click on the blue link below, to view each group of requests for Parish Prayer Requests for:-
- Parishioners who are “Seriously Ill”;
- Parishioners who are directly “Affected by Covid19“;
- Individuals who have notified “Personal Intentions“.
And for Deceased Parishioners:-
- Parishioners who have “Died Recently”;
- Parishioners who have “Died in the Past Year“;
- Deceased Parishioners whose “Anniversaries Occur this Week“;
Plus we have received suggestions for Prayers for:-