The charities supported by the parish – both international and local – are listed here and details of them can be viewed by using the links given.
With our fundraising, we support five international charities, and regular messages from them will be posted on their pages below. They can be seen by clicking on the link to:-
We also actively support two or three local charities, which are chosen each year after canvassing the opinions of our parishioners. The Charities chosen for this year can be found by using this link.
The charities are supported by collections and/or by events organised by parishioners who are especially interested in them; please see the “Contacts” page for the name of the current “champion” for each. Feel free to offer to help them – you can be sure of a warm welcome – or if there is no-one listed, Fr Martin will be pleased to add you to the list!
- For specific details of dates and times of current events, please see the “News” page.
- For the next week or two, see “Coming Activities & Events”.
- If looking longer term, please visit the “Monthly Events Diary”
All charities welcome financial help – but they all stress that the support of our Prayers is equally important.
We actively encourage ALL parishioners to remember in their prayers, the charities we have selected. To this end we have created separate pages which show exaples of their needs and of the benefits they have received as a result of the prayers of supporters. They can be found here:-
- Pray for Aid to the Church in Need;
- Pray for CAFOD;
- Pray for Congo School for Peace;
- Pray for Mary’s Meals;
- Pray for Missio;
- Pray for Local Charities.
Other Prayer Requests
These are published on the following pages. Click on the blue link below, to view each group of requests for Parish Prayer Requests for:-
- Parishioners who are “Seriously Ill”;
- Parishioners who are directly “Affected by Covid19“;
- Individuals who have notified “Personal Intentions“.
And for Deceased Parishioners:-
- Parishioners who have “Died Recently”;
- Parishioners who have “Died in the Past Year“;
- Deceased Parishioners whose “Anniversaries Occur this Week“.
Plus we have received suggestions for Prayers for:-