This section of the website was developed during Lent 2021 – a ‘lockdown’ season during which there was a bit of extra time available for some of us! This timing is particularly appropriate, as Prayer is an activity linked during Lent with Fasting and Almsgiving (generosity).
But of course our prayer is also a daily event through the year, whether in the church, in our homes or in any other place in which we find ourselves.
In the first part of this section, you will find the weekly prayer requests from St Benet’s parish, which are also published in the parish Newsletter and E-news.
In addition, we can develop our own personal prayer intentions on a wider scale – illustrated in the other items on the drop-down menu. Many of the prayer intentions suggested here can be grouped geographically, but you may also wish to prioritise those intentions affecting yourself and those closest to you.
During the lockdown, many churches are open for private prayer, reminding us that prayer is a personal activity in communion with others (who do not need to be physically present), and is your opportunity to communicate with God.
Prayer truly is “a conversation with God”.
Please use this section of the website to explore and discover yourself and to help make the world a better place. Some of the prayers are linked with specific activities (e g fundraising, care and medical work, education, celebration and thanksgiving). Prayer is of special value in situations where we can’t engage in those activities ourselves.
Enjoy, explore and discover…
Making a Request
If you wish to have a “Prayer Request” included, just send :-
- an email to email@example.com. or
- an ordinary letter to Parish Priest, St Benet’s Church, 2 Grange Road BECCLES NR34 9NR .
Your request will then be added to our website “Parish Prayer Requests” page. The message posted may be anonymous or just use a first name, if you wish.
The facility to request that a Mass be said for an intention will continue as usual – with such intentions recorded on the weekly “Mass & Services Diary”.
Current Prayer Requests
These are published on the following pages. Click on the blue link below, to view each group of requests for Parish Prayer Requests for:-
- Parishioners who are “Seriously Ill”;
- Parishioners who are directly “Affected by Covid19“;
- Individuals who have notified “Personal Intentions“.
And for Deceased Parishioners:-
- Parishioners who have “Died Recently”;
- Parishioners who have “Died in the Past Year“;
- Deceased Parishioners whose “Anniversaries Occur this Week“.
Plus we have received suggestions for Prayers for:-
- “Beccles Town” causes or intentions;
- “Our Diocese” issues affecting us all in East Anglia;
- “Downside Abbey” requests from the Benedictine Order;
- “England & Wales” national causes and issues, e.g. from CBCEW;
- “Charities” international charitable and spiritual activities.