We would love to meet you at Mass on Sunday,
at any of the following times:-
08:00 (OLPS); 10:30 (St B); 18:00 (St B)
OLPS = Our Lady of Perpetual Succour, Gillingham
St B = St Benet’s, Beccles
St Benet’s Minster, Beccles
2, Grange Road,
BECCLES. NR34 9NR
Web Site: www.saintbenetsbeccles.org
Our Lady of Perpetual Succour, Gillingham
Please note that OLPS is NOT in the village of Gillingham and there is no post code for Satnav. From the “McDonalds” roundabout at the A143/A146 junction, take the A146 towards Lowestoft; after c. 150 mtrs turn left (i.e. North) – before the footbridge.
Our Parish Contacts
Priest in Charge: Dom Martin Gowman, OSB
Mobile Telephone: 07504 326 719
House Telephone: 01502 713 179
Deacons: Rev. Tony Felton: 07985 228 397
Rev. Mike Wells: 07771 631 029
Yes, please do join us on Sunday!
And you’re very welcome to stay on for tea or coffee, biscuits and a chat in the parish hall after 10:30 or 18:00 Mass.
We also open our repository after 10:30 Mass, selling a range of books, cards and religious articles.
We are always delighted to welcome newcomers to the parish and will also extend a real hand of friendship to holidaymakers and visitors.
In case you are a stranger to Beccles, there is a Google Map of our location on the sidebar on the right.
Saturday Vigil Mass
We do not have a vigil Mass at St Benet’s. However, St. Edmunds at Bungay, celebrates Mass at 1830 on Saturday. Bungay is about 8 miles west of Beccles and the church is in the centre of the town. Please click here to visit their web site.
Details of the week’s Masses, plus other services and activities, can be found by clicking here to see our “Services & Sacraments” page.
Access for Visitors and/or Private Prayer
St Benet’s is open throughout the day for the public – of any faith or none – to visit for private prayer or simply to enjoy some peaceful meditation. Normally we open in time for Morning Prayers at 08:45, and close at dusk.
At the back of the church we have a range of informative booklets for purchase, while in St Anthony’s Chapel (front right), there is with a wide selection of religious books which may be borrowed, free of charge.
Current News and Activities
The “Current Information” pages are updated from the Parish Newsletter each week, and you just need to click on the “ link” below to see the current information for:-
- 1. the current week’s “Mass Times and Intentions”;
- 2. the current “Prayer Requests”;
- 3. the latest “News & Notices”;
- 4. the details of coming “Activities & Events”;
- 5. the monthly “Events Diary”
- 6. the on-going list of “Parish Reminders”;
- 7. recent information from “Outwith the Parish”
Parish Registration and Census
If you have moved to Beccles and/or wish to join our parish, please register your details with us by using this link to our Parish Census Form and returning it to our Priest in Charge.
We really do hope to see you soon! DO, please, come up and say “Hello!”
Fr Martin Gowman
Priest in Charge
Our Parish School is St Benet’s Catholic Primary School
Ringsfield Road, BECCLES; NR34 9PQ
Federation Headteacher: Veronica Short
Head of School: Sam Barlow
Web site: www.st-benets.suffolk.sch.uk
WEB SITE NAVIGATION
To find your way around:-
- all the “Current Information”, including the contents of the most recent Parish Newsletter, is under the tabs at the top of this page;
- these “top tabs” include the full content of our “Parish Handbook” – indexed for ease of use;
- all the “Reference Information” – our history and previous activities – is in the sidebar on the right.
If you are looking for something specific, try using the “Search” box at the top right of the screen – it searches the whole site for the words you enter, and presents you with relevant documents for you to read.
Please email the Web Site Editor, Terry O’Brien, at firstname.lastname@example.org :-
- if you can’t find the information that you want; or
- if you have any news of interest to our parishioners; or
- if you have any comments or criticisms, or any suggestions for improving our web site.
Thank you for visiting!