We now have three facilities for parishioners – or indeed any visitor to St Benet’s Parish – to ask our clergy and our parishioners to pray for an intention that is important to them.
A “Prayer Request Book” and a “Prayer Request Pin Board” are kept just inside the “Bunbury Door”- alongside the pulpit. This is adjacent to the Lady Chapel, where the atmosphere is conducive to quiet thought and reflection, and where you might like to offer your own prayers in whatever form you find relevant.
The third option provides the same facility of asking our clergy and parishioners to think of – and pray for – something important to you, but using modern technology to record and share your request.
All that is needed is for you, a friend or relative, to send your Prayer Request by:
- an email to email@example.com.
- or an ordinary letter to Parish Priest, St Benet’s Church, 2 Grange Road BECCLES NR34 9NR .
Your request will then be added to our website “Prayer Requests” page. The message posted may be anonymous or just use a first name, if you wish.
Current Prayer Requests
These are published on the following pages. Click on the blue link below, to view each group of requests for Parish Prayer Requests for:-
And for Deceased Parishioners:-
- Parishioners who have “Died Recently”;
- Parishioners who have “Died in the Past Year“;
- Deceased Parishioners whose “Anniversaries Occur this Week“.
Plus we have received suggestions for Prayers for:-
- “Beccles Town” causes or intentions;
- “Our Diocese” issues affecting us all in East Anglia;
- “Downside Abbey” requests from the Benedictine Order;
- “England & Wales” national causes and issues, e.g. from CBCEW;
- “Charities” international charitable and spiritual activities.