COVID-19/Coronavirus -Local Help & Support
We are conscious that as a result of the measures to contain the spread of the Coronavirus, some individuals, couples or families may
- be burdened by fears about jobs, finance or the wellbeing of loved ones;
- experience a sense of isolation in the coming weeks;
- need practical help;
- welcome spiritual support.
Do you need a Helping Hand?
As a community, the clergy and parishioners of St Benet’s are committed to helping others less fortunate than themselves
Between us, Father Martin, our Deacons Tony and Mike and a number of parish volunteers have a wide range of skills and experiences which could be of assistance.
It could be a matter of:
- providing an ear to listen to your concerns – in person or by phone;
- some practical help – perhaps with shopping, mail or prescriptions;
- arranging an interview with an appropriate professional;
- making contact with a distant relative;
- assistance with a pet animal;
- or anything else that is important to you.
How to Contact our Volunteer Helpers
If you feel the need for ANY form of help or advice, please do call and ask one of the following:
Aloma & Tony Pampackal 07391 865733;
Brigid Rawlinson 01502 677557 or 07818 021676;
Mary Ellwood 01502 716960;
Tim & Toni Harrison 01502 711605;
Joshua Do Rozario (07404 566051
You can also use the “Request Assistance” form posted on this part of the website and/or
- call our Co-ordinator, Terry O’Brien on 07504 – 962 368
- email email@example.com
- post it to St Benet’s, 2 Grange Road, BECCLES. NR34 9NR
and we will put you in touch with one of our volunteers
Can You Help?
If you are able to provide help with any of the above examples e.g. be a “phone buddy”; go shopping; collect medication; dog walking, please use the “Offer of Help” form and contact us as listed above.
We will then match you up with a person with appropriate needs.
Shop & Store Opening
Aloma has supplied a schedule of opening times when shops and stores are giving priority for their COVID-19 “Elderly” or “At Risk” customers.