Alterations to Covid Guidelines – 19 July
“Message from the Bishops of England” – (on Sunday Worship and our Sunday Obligation.) The full text of this message can be found on our website by clicking on the blue link above.
Guidance from CBCEW on Step 4
The full text of a further document on the gradual lifting of many of the restrictions on our celebration of Mass and the Sacraments can be seen via the website of our Diocese. These will be considered in due course, as appropriate to the needs of our parishioners.
COVID- 19; TEST AND TRACE
QR Code for St Benet’s Minster
In order to keep up with the times, and Government requirements, we have set up the NHS Test and Trace QR code.
To use it, you do need a fairly recent “Smart Phone”. If you have a Smart phone, please proceed as follows
- Download the NHS COVID-19 app (free) from the App store or Google Play – this went live on 24th September 2020.
- When you visit any venue, check to see if there is an NHS Covid-19 poster on display.
- Open the NHS Covid-19 app on your phone and tap ‘venue check in’
- Now use your smart phone camera to scan the QR code on the poster.
- The time and date of your visit will be stored on the app. It will not be shared with anyone else.
- After scanning the QR code on the poster you are successfully checked in.
- You can use this any time you enter a venue operating track and trace using this system.
- You may receive an ALERT if NHS contact tracers identify that you have recently visited a venue where you may have come into contact with Covid19.
- If you develop symptoms, make sure you record them in the NHS Covid-19 app and follow government guidelines.
For those of you who currently do not have a smart phone, we will continue to keep a paper list at the back of the church.
Keeping in Contact
You may not be able to pick up a copy of the weekly paper newsletter but the latest information is regularly posted here on the parish website. https://saintbenetsbeccles.org
We are sending a weekly “E-Bulletin” to each home over the coming weeks. If you don’t see one, please check your “SPAM” folder. and then make us a “Safe Sender”.
At this time it is particularly important to stay in contact with each other – so if you haven’t done so already, please give us your email address.
Just drop an email to our webmaster,Terry, at firstname.lastname@example.org . If nothing is found, please let Terry know.
COVID-19/Coronavirus -Local Help & Support
We are conscious that as a result of the measures to contain the spread of the Coronavirus, some individuals, couples or families may
- be burdened by fears about jobs, finance or the wellbeing of loved ones;
- experience a sense of isolation in the coming weeks;
- need practical help;
- welcome spiritual support.
Do you need a Helping Hand?
As a community, the clergy and parishioners of St Benet’s are committed to helping others less fortunate than themselves
Between us, Father Martin, our Deacons Tony and Mike and a number of parish volunteers have a wide range of skills and experiences which could be of assistance.
It could be a matter of:
- providing an ear to listen to your concerns – in person or by phone;
- some practical help – perhaps with shopping, mail or prescriptions;
- arranging an interview with an appropriate professional;
- making contact with a distant relative;
- assistance with a pet animal;
- or anything else that is important to you.
How to Contact our Volunteer Helpers
If you feel the need for ANY form of help or advice, please do call and ask one of the following:
Aloma & Tony Pampackal 07391 865733;
Brigid Rawlinson 01502 677557 or 07818 021676;
Mary Ellwood 01502 716960;
Tim & Toni Harrison 01502 711605;
Joshua Do Rozario (07404 566051
You can also use the “Request Assistance” form posted on this part of the website and/or
- call our Co-ordinator, Terry O’Brien on 07504 – 962 368
- email email@example.com
- post it to St Benet’s, 2 Grange Road, BECCLES. NR34 9NR
and we will put you in touch with one of our volunteers
Can You Help?
If you are able to provide help with any of the above examples e.g. be a “phone buddy”; go shopping; collect medication; dog walking, please use the “Offer of Help” form and contact us as listed above.
We will then match you up with a person with appropriate needs.