ST BENET’S, BECCLES
Guidelines For Mass During Covid Crisis
- Seating will be limited to a max of 60; if families are seated together this may be higher. St Anthony’s and Our Lady’s Chapel may be used by Stewards.
- One-way system. Entry by porch. Down centre aisle, Fill seats from front to back of church.
- Communion on way out, after Mass. Instructions will be given by Fr M.
- Receive Communion (or blessing); leave by “Pulpit” door. Disperse quickly!
- Stewards will direct you to and from your seats, as necessary.
- Please remain seated until directed to move.
- Alternate rows are blocked off and some seats will be kept empty, to ensure distancing is correct.
- Stewards will man the sanitiser stations at entrance and exit.
- Collection plates are at the entrance and exit. See website for preferred methods of donating.
- It will be a Shorter Mass with a Shorter Homily.
- There will be No Singing; No Prayer of the Faithful; No Sign of Peace.
- Any Newsletters, or other documents used, MUST be taken home with you.
- Wearing of face coverings is optional.
- Stewards and Clergy will wear face covering and visor as appropriate
- For “Test & Trace”, we need to record who is present. From Parish Census and other records, we have a basic list of Parishioners. All we need to do is “tick you off” and confirm your Contact Details.
- These “attendance records” will be kept securely and destroyed after 3 weeks
Fr Martin Gowman; Parish Priest; St Benet’s Beccles.
COVID-19/Coronavirus -Local Help & Support
We are conscious that as a result of the measures to contain the spread of the Coronavirus, some individuals, couples or families may
- be burdened by fears about jobs, finance or the wellbeing of loved ones;
- experience a sense of isolation in the coming weeks;
- need practical help;
- welcome spiritual support.
Do you need a Helping Hand?
As a community, the clergy and parishioners of St Benet’s are committed to helping others less fortunate than themselves
Between us, Father Martin, our Deacons Tony and Mike and a number of parish volunteers have a wide range of skills and experiences which could be of assistance.
It could be a matter of:
- providing an ear to listen to your concerns – in person or by phone;
- some practical help – perhaps with shopping, mail or prescriptions;
- arranging an interview with an appropriate professional;
- making contact with a distant relative;
- assistance with a pet animal;
- or anything else that is important to you.
How to Contact our Volunteer Helpers
If you feel the need for ANY form of help or advice, please do call and ask one of the following:
Aloma & Tony Pampackal 07391 865733;
Brigid Rawlinson 01502 677557 or 07818 021676;
Mary Ellwood 01502 716960;
Tim & Toni Harrison 01502 711605;
Joshua Do Rozario (07404 566051
You can also use the “Request Assistance” form posted on this part of the website and/or
- call our Co-ordinator, Terry O’Brien on 07504 – 962 368
- email email@example.com
- post it to St Benet’s, 2 Grange Road, BECCLES. NR34 9NR
and we will put you in touch with one of our volunteers
Can You Help?
If you are able to provide help with any of the above examples e.g. be a “phone buddy”; go shopping; collect medication; dog walking, please use the “Offer of Help” form and contact us as listed above.
We will then match you up with a person with appropriate needs.